RUNG

STOP MOTION FILMING...
(A ROUGH DOCUMENTARY IN A LOOSE NARRATIVE)

Click on any image to ENLARGE

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Your feedback.

If you're an avid blog reader, and specifically a reader of our blog, let us know what you would like to hear more about.
The only blog I've read more than once or twice is John August's screen writing page. His is more a reference tool, a wealth of tricks and tips for screenwriters. If you're curious as how to write a phone conversation between three people without wasting a page's worth of "cut-to's," then his blog may be helpful.
Aside from a daily update to keep a fire under Chuck's ass, I'm trying to imagine what the few stop motion folks out there might find useful. Documenting every detail of our film from puppet fabrication to storyboarding may prove useful to some, but tedious to others. Would this blog better serve as a resource? Let us know.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I dig everything you're doing with the blog. I enjoy the simple back stories like how Holly did the tiny knitting and what you look like to your laundry. As an animator I really want to see some scenes. I'm also very interested in the overall story, seeing some of Will's storyboards would be cool. I understand you don't want to give too much away, but I keep checking back hoping to see some animation! Keep it up and good luck!
-gibson

Anonymous said...

I would definitely stick with key events in the production of your film. You don't want to give too much away, but at the same time, you want to keep going.

What gets me inspired again and again on a long production turnaround is just watching the animatic each day. I almost quit Barrier once, but came back to it because the audio track got me excited about the film again.