RUNG

STOP MOTION FILMING...
(A ROUGH DOCUMENTARY IN A LOOSE NARRATIVE)

Click on any image to ENLARGE

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Workspaces.

There's something wildly satisfying about knowing where people work. It's not unlike watching someone, anyone, doing that 'thing' they do really well. Could be a violinist practicing an extended run or a woodworker at a lathe or a writer typing on a manual typewriter or the mail sorter sifting through junk mail at lightening speeds in the back of the post office. It all mesmerizes me. More so people at work than at play. The simple act of witnessing someone doing what they do best grounds me. Feels like the cogs are spinning effortlessly.

My mom often says she finds it too difficult to talk to me on the phone when she can't imagine where I am physically.

No comments: